The Corecell high density foam cored hull and topsides are heat bonded and hand laid, incorporating knitted tri-axial, biaxial and uni-directional E glass to insure an incredible strength to weight ratio, as well as superior sound and thermal insulation. The deck is also Corecell PVC foam cored and laminated with 3 layers of E-glass and a final layer of E-glass cloth, then finished in gel coat.
- Flag blue topsides with gold cove stripes
The cockpit/helm area is a real hallmark of the Friendship 40 design. Not only is it large and ergonomically comfortable, but all of the sailing controls are either electrically or hydraulically actuated by guarded foot switches, or easily reached touch buttons close to the 48" stainless steel destroyer wheel. The hydraulic Navtec boom vang and backstay are tensioned from a panel located to port of the helm. The mainsheet is led beneath the deck to a captured winch system that is activated by guarded foot switches at the helm. The 2-speed Lewmar self-tailing genoa winches are also electrically activated by recessed Antal touch buttons.
THIS IS A SAIL HANDLING DESIGN THAT LENDS ITSELF TO A POWER ASSISTED SINGLE HANDED OPERATION SYSTEM. UNDER POWER, THE 8 HP BOW THRUSTER MAKES TIGHT QUARTER MANEUVERING A BREEZE.
The cockpit sole is teak covered and angled for comfort while heeling under sail. The centerboard control ia also power assisted and easily reached from the helm.
Deck and Hardware
The sophistication of the teak deck layout offers uncluttered access fore and aft, yet allows for access, storage and operation of all systems. The flush mounted anchor locker allows for remote retrieval of the ground tackle. Additional storage is in a separate flush mounted starboard side foredeck locker. The 8 stainless steel deck cleats are recessed when not in use. The massive teak toe rail is integrally mounted into the deck mold and the stainless steel line fairleads are mounted into the toe rail rather than bolted on to the toe rail.
- Teak decks
- Awlgripped non-skid cabin house top
- Danforth stainless steel constellation binnacle
- Varnished teak companionway hatch
- Varnished teak cap rails
- Six stainless steel cast line chocks, fwd, aft, and amidships
- Flush mounted anchor locker with self retrieving 35 lb. Delta anchor, 200 ft. of 6 mm chain and salt water wash down system
- Lewmar V2 electric windlass with dual foot buttons and remote control
- Eight Attwood flush mounted, retractable mooring cleats
- Two Lewmar electric 2 speed self tailing genoa sheet winches
- Two Lewmar electric self tailing halyard/centerboard/mainsheet winches with recessed stainless steel winch buttons
- Stainless steel Navtec boom vang with stainless steel braided hydraulic hose
- Stainless steel Navtec backstay with stainless steel braided hydraulic hose
- Custom flush stainless steel jib sheet chafe plates in cockpit coaming
- Radiused genoa T-track
- Genoa cars and sliders
- Screw in pad eyes
- Sheet stoppers
- Silver anodized block sheaves
- Custom flush mounted anchor, foredeck, and lazarette hatches
- Custom stainless steel opening deck hatch
- Four hinged hatches under cockpit settees (two for engine access and two for storage)
- Removable cockpit hinged soft pad for major engine access
- Four custom stainless steel cockpit drink holders
- Varnished teak wine glass and wine bottle holders under cockpit table lids
- Four custom 1 ft. x 2 ft. line bins for the halyards and sheets
- Sheet stoppers for the centerboard, main halyard, main furling line, spinnaker halyard, which all pass through Antal triple deck block organizers
- Red and white lights at mid boom and end of boom with dimmers
- Magma stainless steel gas grill with adjustable custom holder for flag socket
- Hand-held fresh water shower on aft deck with stainless steel cover plate and hot/cold mixer tap
- Stainless steel folding swim ladder
- Custom jack lines
- Bug screens for main salon hatch and companionway
- Four leather and lambskin fender holders custom fit for caprail
The teak soled cockpit is a wonder of comfort and organization. The port and starboard settees, as well as the helm seat, have double angled back rests and 4" cushions. Forward of the helm is a huge, solid varnished teak drop leaf cockpit table which houses the GPS plotter, autopilot control and an insulated cold drink box.
All vessel control systems are activated from the cockpit once underway. Lines are led aft through sheet stoppers to the electric self tailing winches, which then store the line in built-in storage bins. Under the cockpit cushions are very large custom made watertight hatches that allow access to the engine room, pump room, as well as additional storage. For additional access to the engine there is an electric powered hinged cockpit sole soft pad.
- Custom Iverson dodger - Sunbrella dodger with folding stainless steel frame
- Binnacle cover
- Winter boat cover in 3 sections -3 bags + 1 bag hold down weights
- Over the boom canvas cockpit and cabin cover with bag
- Under Boom Canvas cockpit cover with bag
- Rail covers - Sunbrella with unique pvc securing system
- Stainless steel bars in cockpit lockers for hanging lines, etc.
- False bottom inside port cockpit locker for additional storage and easier access
- Life jackets in storage bag - 4 adult and 2 child
- Four fire extinguishers mounted throughout boat
- EPIRB - mounted underneath lazarette hatch
- Weems and Plath electric laser flare
- Hose, bucket, brushes and all cleaning supplies
- Whipping kit with storage bag, including needles, waxed twine, and leather palm
- Pig stick with burgee
- USCG required ship's bell with storage bag and mounted hanging bracket
- Two hand-held air horns