Dragon, the second in the 55 RPH series, was thoughtfully designed and equipped by a couple with many years and thousands of miles of cruising experience from the west coast of Florida to Canada. They poured over the details during the construction process and the result is wonderful example of a Raised Pilothouse Motoryacht. There is very little available in the market today that will rival what Dragon offers: an 18 knot cruising speed, tremendous accommodations and a yacht easily handled by a couple.
The 55 Aleutian RP follows in the steps of the acclaimed 53 Aleutian RP, but provides additional room and luxury. The layout includes three generous staterooms below deck and an expansive, full standing headroom utility room, accessible from both the master and the engine room and whose features include a washer and dryer, freezer and a butcher block topped work bench with plenty of storage for tools and spare parts . The main deck features split entertaining areas; the salon with abundant seating, and the pilothouse for any eating or navigation needs. The 55RP also features brand new interior decorations for a fresh look and feel. And of course all of these features are backed with the dependability and craftsmanship Grand Banks has offered for over 50 years.
- Refinement of successful 53 RPH, to increase hull length for performance AND interior accommodations.
- Swimplatform increased 20” and the addition of port and starboard transom gates
- Transom “garage” to offering tremdouse storage volume able to fit large equipment, including fold up bikes
- Material increase in square footage in both the aft deck and the upper deck, and length in utility space
- New contemporary décor including door hardware, square recessed LED overhead lights, contemporary wall lamps, rectangular sinks and tile soles in galley, heads and showers
- Fresh interior wood including vertically grained solid teak soles, horizontally oriented matched teak panels and upper panels with light wall covering
- Flybridge accessible from both the pilothouse and the cockpit
- No exterior varnished teak
- Satin finished interior with high gloss trim
- 3 cabins, two heads, full beam master
- Utility space accessible from both engine room and master with laundry, storage and extra refrigeration
- Exceptional refrigeration capacity
- Cummins QSM 11’s with Encompass Extended Warranty until November 2020
- Quiet 67 dB sound level at cruise
- 18 knot cruise with 300+ mile range, 1000 mile range at 8 knots (21+ knots WOT)
- Quick to plane- very little bow rise
- GARMIN Electronics Package
- All manuals, quick reference guides, serial number list all organized and ready for service
This is just a snapshot into the features and accommodations on Dragon. If you are looking for a comfortable, reasonably fast pilothouse motor-yacht with excellent cruising accommodations but easily handled by a couple, you must schedule a visit.