Each and every Krogen yacht begins with Kadey-Krogen’s exclusive Pure Full Displacement® (PFD) hull-a masterpiece design for full displacement pleasure yachts, originally created in the 1970s by James S. Krogen. This is a hull form with ideal displacement-to-length ratios, a fine entry, and characteristic end-to-end symmetry including the signature “wineglass” transom-all producing a ride that is truly without equal.
The Pure Full Displacement hull design does what it does so well, that cruisers are ensured a safer and more comfortable time aboard … the pure full displacement hull provides the stability for comfort plus ample room for the fuel and supplies needed to make long passages or cross an ocean.
Step aboard this gorgeous 55’ Kadey-Krogen through the port or starboard cockpit boarding doors onto the spacious covered cockpit with beautiful teak decking, teak table with five chairs and sun shade. Swim platform is accessed through the aft boarding gate.
Enter the salon through double Diamond Sea Glaze watertight doors; a spacious L-settee sits to port with hi-lo teak table featuring 2 fold-out extensions, which is great for larger gatherings or when dining. Behind the L-settee is the TV lift with a large flatscreen TV fixed into the hide-away space. To starboard sits two comfortable leather chairs with a side table in between. Storage drawers, shelving and cabinets are throughout the salon. There is a wine cooler located forward of the two chairs on the port side.
The galley is forward of the salon to port while the companionway to the staterooms is centerline. The galley is fully equipped with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances: Viking 4-burner gas range oven with cooktop, GE Convection microwave, GE dishwasher and full size Jenn-Air Commercial refrigerator & freezer, trash compactor, garbage disposal and a double side SS sink. Counterspace and storage is plentiful.
Heading down centerline companionway is a staircase to access the skylounge to port with office/guest stateroom to starboard. This stateroom features a desk with storage drawers & chair and an L-settee which converts into a double berth. Stacked washer and dryer units are tucked away in a cabinet. The guest stateroom head & stall shower is located across the companionway to port just forward of the staircase.
Moving forward, enter the spacious master stateroom suite featuring centerline queen berth, plentiful storage and en suite head with stall shower.
Taking the inside staircase to the skylounge, enter into a completely enclosed helm station featuring spacious L-settee with bi-folding hi-lo teak table, TV, refrigerator and icemaker, storage and two (2) Pompanette helm chairs. The helm is equipped with Furuno NavNet 3D with 2 Green Marine 19” LED displays, AIS, Open Array Radar, Sirius weather, autopilot, depth, VHF, engine room and aft deck cameras & more! The windows open for times when you would like a cool breeze or turn the A/C on those extremely hot days!
Exit through the port or starboard side doors onto the hardtop deck. This area houses the davit system aft, ladder to cockpit, Sea Star Propane grill, storage and more. Forward to port & starboard are two control stations with engine throttle and thruster controls, which provide easy docking in tight quarters. A set of steps found at forward centerline take you down to the Portuguese bridge on the main deck level. This gives you quick access to the bow & side decks while docking.
- Hull construction of USA-made Cook gelcoat; Knytex (in combination w/mat & Corecell) above waterline; solid fiberglass lamination below waterline, with blister-resistant vinylester resins utilized on first laminates
- Impact resistant aramid fiber/FRP reinforced stem & stern bottom areas
- Superstructure with Knytex and mat (in combination w/Corecell cores) and surface mats for print-through reduction
- Aft deck is Teak; Boat & foredecks have GripTex non-skid finish; Bulwark has molded plank lines with gelcoat finish
- Polyurethane formulated marine sealants used at hull-to-deck, boat deck joints & exterior fittings
- Marine-grade plywood and foam-cored bulkheads with molded fiberglass hat section stringers
- Interior finished with handcrafted solid Cherry and veneers
Cockpit / Aft Deck
- (2) Side boarding gates
- Transom door
- Teak Aft Cockpit
- Cockpit Sunshades
- Cockpit Table & Chairs
- Transom shower, Scandvik hot/cold freshwater
- (2) Shorepower inlets at aft deck, Marinco, 50-amp
- TV/Phone inlet at aft deck, Marinco
- Fuel spill prevention boxes
- Swim platform, fiberglass with rail gates
- Lazarette access in cockpit, with ladder
- Ladder, stainless steel to boat deck
- Emergency tiller
- Diamond Sea Glaze Dutch doors to Salon
Deck & Exterior Equipment
- Port & starboard Docking Stations (each with full controls)
- Portuguese Bridge with (2) boarding doors and (2) wing stations with engine controls
- Wet Bar, fiberglass cabinet with grill and sink with hot & cold water
- Sea Star Propane Grill with locker for (2) Trident 17-lb composite propane tanks
- ES1250 Davit System
- Maxwell 3500 Windlass with Dual Anchors & All Chain Rode
- Anchor locker deck hatch, Freeman Marine, watertight
- (2) Shorepower inlets at bow, Marinco, 50-amp
- TV/Phone inlet at bow, Marinco
- Freshwater anchor washdown
- Saltwater anchor washdown, ShurFlo
- Doors, Diamond Sea Glaze, weather-tight, welded aluminum, double doors in Salon, (2) Dutch-style in Pilothouse, paint matches superstructure
- Windows, Diamond Sea Glaze, powder coated aluminum, (5) fixed, (13) sliding with screens
- (2) Hatches (master stateroom), Maxwell with screens
- Ports, Manship, stainless steel with screens
- Deck & Bow railings, welded 316L stainless steel
- Mast, aluminum, painted & hinged, with masthead, anchor & steaming lights
- Air horn, Kahlenberg with automatic fog-horn whistle
- Thru-hulls & seacocks, bronze
- Hawse pipes & cleats, 316L stainless steel
- Mooring cleats, 316L stainless steel
- Bow eye, 316L stainless steel
The enclosed pilothouse is accessible from the exterior and also via a beautiful spiral staircase from the starboard side of the main salon. The pilothouse provides a 360-degree visibility, full instrumentation, twin Pompanette helmseats, large stainless steel wheel, and Diamond Sea Glaze Dutch wing doors to port and starboard. There is also an L-settee and hi-lo table on a raised pedestal aft which doubles as a watch berth. The upper Pilothouse deck has wide walkaround decks that culminate at the spacious Portuguese bridge which grants access to the bow and foredeck. These features, along with a sheer that is stepped as it runs aft, raked pilothouse windows, high freeboard and a well-protected cockpit signpost a yacht that handles heavy weather with ease.
- Wood Sole
- Pilothouse Pompanette Helm Chairs
- L-Settee converts to watch berth
- Pilothouse Refrigerator/Icemaker
- Flatscreen TV in Pilothouse
- Furuno MFDBB NavNet 3D
- New Satellite TV system in salon, staterooms, and on bridge
- Forward looking night vision camera and screen at helm
- (2) Green Marine 19" LED displays
- Furuno FA150 AIS
- Furuno DRS6A 6kW 64-mile radar with 4' open array
- Furuno BBWX2 Sirius weather
- Furuno GP-330B GPS receiver
- Furuno NavPilot 511 Autopilot with port & stbd wing station controls
- Furuno FI503 digital depth, speed and log display
- ICOM 604 VHF
- Iris engine room and aft deck cameras
Engine & Mechanical Equipment
The engine room is extremely large with four (4) watertight doors splitting machinery compartments and the engines, providing plenty of space for easy service access. There is a workbench and freezer located in the engine room, as well.
- Twin John Deere 6068TFM75 Tier II diesel engines at 158hp each with approximately 1540 hours as of 4-1-2021
- Twin Disc MG5075A marine gears
- Controls, ZF Mathers Cruise Command electronic @ (3) stations
- ESI Fuel polishing system
- Reverso oil change system
- (2) Racor dual fuel filters with vacuum gauges for main engines & generator
- Racor marine air filters/silencers
- Racor closed crankcase ventilation filters
- Delta-T ventilation system with moisture eliminators & smoke/fire dampeners; intake & exhaust fans
- Updated AC computer control boards & display module updated to current version
- Steering, Hynautic hydraulic at both helms
- (2) Aquamet 22 Shafts, 2" diameter
- Shaft Seal, Tides dripless
- (2) Propellers, Hung Shen, bronze, 4-bladed
- Rudders, stainless steel with protective shoe
- (6) Bilge Pumps, Rule @ 3,700 gph with Ultra high water alarm at both helms
- Emergency Bilge Pump, tied into raw water intake on each engine
- Muffler, fiberglass
- (4) Fuel tanks, aluminum with sight gauges
- Northern Lights 16kW generator with sound shield with 1,710 hours as of 5-15-21
- Northern Lights water/exhaust separator for generator
- 12/24V DC systems
- 120/240V AC systems
- (2) A-Sea shorepower converters
- (4) Lifeline AGM 12V engine start batteries
- (2) Lifeline AGM 12V generator start batteries
- (16) Lifeline 6V ship's service batteries
- Charles 4000-watt inverter/charger
- Charles 60-amp battery charger
- Alternators with external regulators, Balmar 190-amp 24V
- 2 Glendinning Cablemasters with 75' power cords
- Charles 190-amp battery isolators
- Water piping, copper insulated
- Dockside water pressure regulators, Jabsco
- Pressure water system, Headhunter, variable rate 24V DC in line with 120V AC freshwater pump
- Water Heater, Torrid, 30-gal. capacity
- (2) Water tanks, stainless steel, 250 gal. each
- Holding tank, fiberglass, 140 gal. capacity with SeaLand macerator
- Grey water tank, fiberglass, 140 gal. capacity with SeaLand macerator
- Holding tank indicator and control panel, SeaLand Tank Manager
- CO2 detectors, Vimar
The salon is spacious with double Diamond Sea Glaze doors that open to the cockpit, expanding this great entertainment area. You will find an L-settee and hi-low table to port. The table has opening leaves which provide a generous dining area. There are two portable chairs to starboard. Large opening windows are aft, port and starboard to allow for and abundance of natural light and ventilation.
There is a beautiful wood spiral staircase to starboard that accesses the pilothouse above.
- Beautiful wood interior
- Wood sole
- Integrated Bookshelf
- Storage Cabinetry
- Flatscreen TV w/ Bose Surround Sound on hidden lift
- Clarion Stereo
- Wine Cooler
The galley is to port and is separated from the salon by only a granite countertop, expanding the spacious atmosphere. The unique layout offers great working spaces while easily interacting with guests.
- Jenn-Air Full-Size Refrigerator/Freezer
- Viking 4 BR gas Range w/ Oven
- GE Convection Microwave
- Granite Countertops Double Stainless Steel Sink
- Garbage Disposal
- GE Dishwasher
- Trash Compactor
- Wood Sole
The master stateroom is forward and features an amazing 7’ headroom, island queen berth with pneumatic lift, en suite head and plentiful storage throughout.
- Island Queen Berth with pneumatic lift
- Reading Lights
- Flatscreen TV
- Large Hanging Lockers
- Storage Cabinets
- En suite Head
- Dometic toilet
- Stall Shower
- Granite Countertops
This Guest Stateroom/Office is located opposite the galley and includes a stacked Asko washer/dryer inside its designated cabinet.
- L-Settee converts to Double Berth
- Hanging Locker
- Desk/Vanity Area
- Flatscreen TV
- Asko Stacked Washer/Dryer
Head located to port, across from Guest Stateroom/Office
- Dometic toilet
- Stall Shower
- Granite Countertops
SLOW POKE is a 2010 model Kadey-Krogen 55 Expedition Pilothouse. She is an exceptional long-range cruiser that is fully outfitted and ready to cruise anywhere!
The salon is separated from the galley by a granite countertop and the double diamond Sea Glaze salon doors create an exceptional flow from cockpit to salon to galley for an expansive entertaining space. The master stateroom is forward and offers 7' headroom. The office/2nd stateroom is located to starboard, across from the galley, and houses the Asko washer and dryer. This yacht is a MUST SEE! SLOW POKE is priced to sell today!
Call today for all the details! Easy to see and show near Fort Lauderdale.
Owners’ personal belongings. A complete list will be provided upon request.