When entering into the engine room you will open a robust sturdy and large watertight bulkhead door designed for easy entrance to the main command center engine room where the high performing Cummins QSM 11 715HP engines and other systems are located. The Marlow Explorer yacht is well known to have built the very best engine room on a vessel of this size where “standing tall” is routine. You can get to everything quickly and safely with 6 foot 2 inches of “standing tall” head room. The area is well lit with 110V and 24V lighting. There are large blowers to cool the space down after a run so maintenance can be done in comfort. Each diesel engine has dual Racor filters. The fuel system is very simple with 2 large 600 gallon tank that can be filled easily and efficiently from either side of the boat giving you 1200 gallons of fuel to give you excellent range on long trips. The engine beds are heavily polished stainless steel and secure the engine vibration isolation mounts to the hull stringers. At the aft corner of the engine room you will find twin Sea Chests with removable clear cleaning port. Each of the engines, generator, air-conditioning system, saltwater washdown and all the other components
of the yacht that require saltwater have their own shut-off valve on the Sea Chest. One hull opening for each Sea Chest for all sea water needs provides great safety. The twin 715 HP QSM
11 Cummins engines are connected to the underwater exhaust system via elevated temperature silicone hose to further isolate noise and vibration.
• Onan 9KW Generator (586 hours)
• Onan 17KW Generator (1002 hours)
• Lewmar Bow and Stern Thrusters
• ESI 220V Fuel Polisher
• 500 GPD Bluewater desalinate water maker with remote control and UV treatment.
• Exhaust blowers
• High capacity induction blowers
• Chilled water reverse cycle air conditioning compressors with soft starts & upgraded with electronic master control.
• Upgraded aquamet propeller shafts.
• Fire extinguishing system
• PSR pressure freshwater system
• Engine hour meter and gauges
• 3" lead/foam engine room insulation
• Emergency engine stop
• 3700gph bilge pumps with auto and manual switch
• (2) 600-gallon each FRP fuel tanks total 1200 gallons
• Watertight door w/window from Lazarette
• Oil temperature alarm
• (5) Mariner Fire extinguishers
• Dual Racor fuel separators with vacuum gauges for each engine and generator.
• Soft engine mounts
• 12V & 110V Aqua Signal lighting
• Naiad model 252 stabilizers.