The Talaria 48 line launched in 2011 and has been in high demand since coming to market. TESS has been captain run, professionally managed, and maintained by Hinckley Service since new. She represents an incredible opportunity to take delivery of an incredible yacht in time for the cruising season. She features the desirable convertible dinette/second stateroom, gloss varnish interior, Jetstick II®, and many other well thought out options.
The large natural teak-decked foredeck is easily accessed via port and starboard coaming gates and open side decks with mid-vessel pop up cleats, handrails mounted to the Flybridge sides, and substantial stainless steel bow rail for additional safety. The stainless steel anchor windlass mounted in the bow locker with wash down spigot and dedicated line or fender storage.
The deep cockpit encompasses a molded L-settee to port and double seat to starboard with a walk-through transom door providing access to the spacious swim platform. Easily access storage in all cockpit seating. Two amenities located at the sliding pilothouse doors offer a grill and refrigerator to port and sink and storage to starboard.
The Flybridge offers L-shaped seating for up to seven with easily accessed storage throughout the settee. The custom teak table folds open to create a comfortable outdoor dining space with a large deep well fridge in the port side dash. Double Stidd helm seats with full helm station and electronic suite. Custom forward windscreen keeps the upper helm area comfortable underway and removable bimini provide ample shade. The voluminous storage compartment under dash is easily accessed via access doors at dash.
The interior offers comfortable living aboard and abundant entertaining space. Forward is the full-beam master stateroom, starboard is the dinette which ingeniously converts into a second berth with a hidden door, two full heads with showers and well laid out galley which opens to the salon above. The fully equipped helm station in the pilothouse allows for enclosed operation of vessel with excellent visibility. Ample starboard and port seating in the pilothouse (convertible to additional sleeping accommodations) with numerous entertainment options.
TESS’s Significant Features Include:
- Flybridge layout with bimini top
- Custom dinette converts to second stateroom
- Twin Volvo D13 800hp common rail diesel engines
- JstStick II (upgraded at time of build), with Palmstick remote control
- 17.5kW Cummins Onan genset
- Sliding curved stainless and glass aft pilothouse doors
- Powered sliding side windows
- Custom teak decks in cockpit, flybridge, and forward and side decks
- Luxurious custom gloss Mahogany interior
- Salon port-side built in seating
- Hull port light in dinette/second stateroom
- SeaLift hydraulic swim platform with teak decking (new 2020)
- Two heads, each with showers and natural teak floors
- Chilled-water reverse-cycle heat/air-conditioning
- Garmin navigation suite
- Bow sun pad
- New exterior varnish (to be complete June 2021)
- KVH satellite TV system with M5 Tracvision hardware for Direct TV service
- Custom detailed granite countertops in galley and heads
- Ocean LED underwater lights
- Bow rail
- Flybridge and cockpit bimini tops (new 2020)
DECK and HULL:
- Flag Blue Awlgrip hull
- Light Cream gelcoat deck and cabin top with painted nonskid
- Single Matterhorn White Awlgrip boot top
- Red bottom
Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction – Kevlar/E-Glass outer skin, Corecell M Foam core, Carbon Fibre/E Glass inner skin. Laminated with vinylester resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Process (SCRIMP). Deck is E-Glass outer and inner skin with Corecell M Foam core, laminated using SCRIMP.
These materials and building techniques provide for a superior surface finish, greater resistance to osmosis, high degree of stiffness & stiffness/weight ratios, and greater hull strength against impact damage and thermal insulation.
- Non-metallic composite thru-hull fittings with ball valve seacocks are below the waterline and above the waterline where appropriate. Bronze seacocks, thru-hull fittings and sea strainers on propulsion engines.
- Rub rail has stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molding
- SeaLift hydraulic swim platform with teak decking (new 2020)
- Natural teak with black caulk on cockpit sole, side and bow deck walking surfaces, and Flybridge sole
- Smooth gelcoat surface on vertical surfaces of deck, house, waterways, and pilothouse top
- Tapered varnished teak toe rails with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak molded eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Stainless Steel handrails mounted on cabin sides
- Anchor Locker: Molded into the foredeck, with hinged and gas-spring assisted hatch. Custom stainless steel anchor roller with stainless steel anchor. Remote control for anchor windlass as well as control at helm station makes anchoring simple.
- Wash down spigot in anchor locker
- Chocks - (2) Open custom Hinckley stainless steel bow chocks, and (4) Closed custom Hinckley chocks.
- Mooring Cleats: (8) 316 stainless steel bow, stern and spring line cleats. Bow and stern cleats are 12” and spring line cleats are 10”
- (5) Smoke gray tint hatches with stainless steel frames have SkyScreen screens and blinds.
- Overboard direct drainage scuppers for cockpit
- Ten (10) Wichard folding padeyes, five port and five starboard on the side decks, for hanging fenders. Stainless steel half round chafe strip on teak rail at each pad eye location and dock line cleats
- One ensign, stern mounted 5’ varnished teak staff with flush socket accompanied by flag.
- One burgee, varnished teak staff with flush socket
- Custom Hinckley aluminum mast painted to match deck
- Bow sun pad with zippered cover
- SeaLift hydraulic swim platform with teak decking
- Bimni top for cockpit
- Bimini top for Flybridge
- Bimini with tension legs
- Varnished teak accents and helm trim
- Two single Stidd seats in Spinneyback Leather Pamlico Sound with adjustment controls for up/down and fore/aft. Pedestals are polished chrome
- Refrigerator in port dash
- Venturi windscreen in smoke grey
- Full function upper helm with all engine and steering controls. The navigation package at the upper helm station includes JetStick II, navigational instruments
- Garmin 15” GPSMAP 7215 multi-touch, widescreen chartplotter/sonar combo navigation display screen
- (2) Garmin GMI 10 multifunction instrument display
- Garmin GHC 10 autopilot remote control head
- Garmin GHS 10 VHF remote mic
- Custom Hinckley mast supporting navigation lights, aft deck flood light, horn, radar, satellite dome, VHF and aft facing camera
- ACR Spotlight mounted on the brow, painted to match deck
- Weather covers for flybridge seating and helm seating
Entry to the boat is either from the side coaming gates or through the transom door to the swim platform. The deep cockpit offers comfortable and generous seating with L-settee to port and double seat to starboard. The walk-through transom door provides easy access to the hydraulic swim platform.
- Varnished teak covered cockpit coamings caps
- Teak decking in cockpit with black caulking
- Hydraulic swim platform with teak decking
- Molded fiberglass boarding steps inboard of cockpit coaming gates port and starboard
- A transom door to starboard leads onto swim platform
- Teak cigar deck with amenities to port and starboard
- Molded fiberglass “L” settee to port and double seat to starboard
- Cockpit seat cushions covered with Spinneyback leather Pamlico Sound
- Stamoid seat covers protect cockpit cushions from rain or spray underway
- Lockers molded into the port and starboard seating areas with gasketed fiberglass lids
- Cockpit sole hatch with manual hydraulic pistons with fender storage below in lazarette
- Grill on port amenity, refrigerator below
- Sink in starboard amenity with storage below
- Stamoid cockpit covers for port amenity and both settees
- Courtesy lighting at cockpit seating
- Cockpit shower with hot/cold mixing valve with shower near transom door
- Two Glendinning powered shore cord reels exit transom through flush hatch
- Cockpit flood light
Large opening pilothouse windows and sliding glass aft doors provide great natural ventilation and excellent light and visibility. All the pilothouse windows and aft door have grey tint. Entry to pilothouse from cockpit is through polished stainless steel framed, full-height, curved, grey-tinted tempered glass doors. These doors have four panels (two port and two starboard) allowing several opening positions and an open an airy feel to the interior.
- Custom gloss varnished mahogany interior
- Varnished teak and tulipwood pilothouse sole with removable protective covers
- Electric opening side windows provide enormous amount of open air when desired
- Three forward fixed windows with windshield wipers & washers and fully concealed stainless steel frame
- Laminated safety glass fixed windows
- Ocean Air Skysol pleated blind system for side windows
- Front and side windows have outside snap-on Stamoidcovers
- Pilothouse aft door roman blinds for privacy or shade
- Sound dampening overhead with varnished mahogany battens
- Custom varnished maple handrail with stainless steel standoffs on pilothouse overhead
- Overhead lighting is provided by LED lamps on dimmer circuits
- Full-width living area includes a U-shaped dinette to starboard
- Starboard dinette has custom mahogany table with Crown polished stainless steel base with manual up/down for dining, cocktail, or berth positions
- Custom U-shaped settee to port with fixed-height table
- All fabric is Ralph Lauren Colonsay Ikat Indigo fabric
- Sliding doors have Roman blinds in Holly Hunt Fresh Canvas fabric
- Retractable 26” LED HD TV built into the forward end of the settee to allow easy viewing throughout the pilothouse and is completely concealed when entertaining guests.
The Helm is forward to starboard and has a gloss varnished dash and outboard shelf where electronics are mounted. The area is also home to the Hinckley JetStick, engine controls, navigation instruments and gauges, and a teak rimmed steering wheel. The helm has an open view into the easily accessed galley below as well as the surrounding deck and area outside the yacht.
- Two Stidd Slimline seats to starboard mounted on powder-coated pedestals with chrome bases. Both helm seats have manual up/down and fore/aft adjustment
- Helm seats are mounted on a custom varnished mahogany base with storage below
- To port is a single Stidd Slimline chair with manual up/down and fore/aft adjustment mounted just aft of the chart locker
- Helm seats finished in Spinneybeck Leather Pamlico Sound
- Varnished steering wheel with stainless steel spokes
- Cup holders and charging and outlets outboard of helm seating
- DC breaker panel below helm
ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATION EQUIMENT:
- Dual Garmin GPSMAP 7215 multifunction touch-screen displays
- 4 x Garmin GMI10 Marine Instrument displays.
- Garmin GMR604 48” HD 6KW array radar.
- Garmin GHS 10 VHF radio
- Garmin GSD24 Sonar Module
- Garmin GHP 12 Autopilot
- Garmin ST850 speed/temp thru-hull transducer.
- Garmin B164 1kW Thru-hull style Transducer (20° tilt)
- KVH digital compass
- ACR RL-100 spot light with helm mounted remote control
- GOST vessel control and monitoring system
- Nuvo integrated audio system with zone control touch screen displays. System integrates onboard audio/visual systems
- Kaleidescape video server with three M500 players
- Wall mounted iPod dock and Apple Airport Express interface
- KVH satellite TV system with M5 dome and Direct TV tuners in the pilothouse and master stateroom
- Pilothouse retractable 32” LED HD TV mounted to port
- Master Stateroom 26” LED HD TV recessed in bulkhead
INTERIOR BELOW ACCOMMODATIONS & LAYOUT:
From the pilothouse forward, down the open companionway are steps to the interior accommodations:
Forward is the Master Suite with ensuite head and spacious stall shower. Master suite has dedicated entertainment system with 26” TV, expansive hanging locker storage, and a custom full-beam berth.
Next aft to starboard is the Guest/Day head. Aft of the day head is the spacious dinette, which converts to a second stateroom via the adjustable table and hidden door. Aft to port is the galley which opens to the pilothouse above.
The interior is gloss varnished mahogany with sound absorbent overheads with varnished mahogany battens, and a varnished teak and tulip cabin sole. Removable protective covers are provided for cabin soles.
- Custom interior door provide a minimum of 6’2” of head room clearance.
- Large overhead hatches have Ocean Air screens and shades
- Opening ports with screens provide additional natural ventilation
This area is open to the pilothouse and receives lots of natural light and ventilation and has a portlight over the counter.
The double stainless steel sink lies in the center of the )-shaped galley, complete with Grohe single-lever chrome fixture with sprayer and hot and cold pressure water. Aft of the sink is the custom top loading freezer and forward is a countertop accessed storage bin. Below the sink are two doors to storage space. The countertop has a back lip that protects the bulkhead. Inboard of the freezer is a generous work space with the convection microwave mounted in a cabinet above. The Wolf two burner electric cooktop is mounted forward with the two drawer refrigerator/freezer below for convenient access while cooking.
- Granite counter top with custom edge details. Color is Absolute Black.
- Wolf 15” electric cooktop
- GE Profile Stainless steel microwave/convection oven.
- Polished stainless double sink mounted under the counter with Grohe single-lever fixture with sprayer
- Sink has a custom ¾ length bamboo cutting board cover
- Fisher and Paykel single Dish Drawer Tall dishwasher with mahogany face to match surrounding cabinetry
- Hot and cold pressure fresh water system
- U-Line Combo refrigerator drawer unit
- Freezer – Top loading custom stainless steel box with Seafrost wrap around condensing freezer plates
- Additional 110 VAC outlets are positioned for coffee maker and toaster
- Over-counter lighting with dimmer
- Custom galley task lighting mounted over counters
- Storage for dinner settings
- Galley steps hinged with lift ups for extra storage beneath.
CUSTOM DINETTE AFT CABIN:
One of the most impressive features aboard TESS is the convertible dinette located opposite the galley. Using a double tambor sliding door, this entire area quickly converts into a private second stateroom when needed; otherwise, it remains a fully functional dinette, office, or relaxing space.
- Custom L-shaped settee with storage below
- Sheer lockers outboard for additional storage
- Optional hull port (below the sheerline)
- Portlight above in the cabin side
- Deck hatch with OceanAir sliding screen
- Custom high-low table converts to berth
- LED TV on forward bulkhead
The Guest Head is forward of the guest cabin to starboard is finished in Light Cream gelcoat with gloss varnished Mahogany bulkheads, trim around mirrors, and lockers.
This head includes:
- Custom varnished mahogany countertop with stainless steel sink with stainless fixture with pull out faucet for use as shower
- Natural teak sole with black caulk and teak grating for use as a shower
- Sealand Vacu-flush marine toilet plumbed directly to 35-gallon holding tank. The holding tank can then be emptied via a deck fitting or overboard through the Sealand macerator pump to a discharge facility.
- Opening portlight with drop down pleated curtain
- Overhead lighting has dimmer
- Storage areas are outboard of sink and shower
- Mirror mounted on bulkhead aft of sink
- Towel bar mounted on aft bulkhead
MASTER SUITE (Forward):
The Master Suite is luxurious and very well appointed. It includes a private head with separate stall shower. Entered through a gloss varnished mahogany door, Owner’s stateroom has a centerline aft-facing queen berth which spans the full beam of the boat, and featues expansive and ingenous custom storage compartments.
- Full-beam custom queen berth
- Multiple hanging lockers port and starboard
- Drawer storage under berth
- Sheerline lockers outboard, and lift up compartments built into steps
- Overhead lighting on dimmer circuit
- Bulkhead mounted lighting forward
- Aft-bulkhead mounted TV
- Three opening deck hatches with OceanAir shade screens, and two fixed hull ports with curtains
Aft to port in the Master Cabin is the entry to the master head, which features a separate stall shower and is also finished in Light Cream gelcoat with a varnished mahogany bulkhead and trim.
- Varnished mahogany countertop with custom edge details with stainless steel sink with Grohe single-lever fixture
- Separate Stall Shower with a Grohe single-lever mixing valve
- Sealand Vacu-flush marine toilet plumbed directly to 27-gallon holding tank. The holding tank can then be emptied via a deck fitting or overboard through the Sealand macerator pump to a discharge facility
- Overhead lighting has dimmer except for shower
- Storage areas outboard and under sink
- Towel bar mounted on forward bulkhead
- Mahogany framed mirror on forward bulkhead
- Head entry door has 6’2” of standing head room
- Natural teak sole
- Custom electrical panel with circuit breakers, meters, switches, and indicator lights
- Start Batteries: Two (2) Lifeline 4D AGM batteries for main engines and generator
- House: Four (4) Lifeline 8D AGM batteries for the main house bank
- Heavy-duty battery switches for both port and starboard engines, with the ability to parallel the Starting Batteries.
- Two (2) 24-Volt-DC battery chargers. One (1) House bank and one (1) for starting bank.
- Two (2) Power inlet rated at 50-amps each, 240/120-Volt AC
- Generator upgraded to Onan 17.5-KW with sound shield and remote panel for control/monitoring
- Mastervolt 4,000W inverter/charger
MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT & ENGINE DETAILS:
- Twin Volvo D13 800HP common rail diesel engines
- (2) Hamilton 364 water jets
- Hinckley JetStick II® with Heading Hold and Hover Lock at both flybridge and pilothouse helm stations.
- Second JetStick wireless control station “PalmStick”
- ZF transmissions
- Alarms for low engine oil pressure, engine high water temperature
- Racor fuel-water filters with pressure gauges, water sensors, petcock and drain tubes
- Baffled and insulated engine air intakes with air de-misters at both vents
- Hydraulic proportional bow thruster
- Dual cylinder stainless steel trim tabs
- Power assist steering
- Oil Transfer Pump - reversible, 24-Volt DC - for main engines, transmissions, and generator
- Fresh hot and cold pressurized water, 24-VDC main and back-up pumps supplying galley, shower, head and cockpit shower
- (2) Automatic 24-volt DC sump pumps for showers air-conditioning condensate
- (3) Rule® 24-volt DC electric 3700-GPH bilge pumps with ULTRA automatic float switches
- High water bilge alarm
- Saltwater deck wash deck wash pump with hose connections on deck near anchor roller
- 17-gallon water heater - marine insulated stainless steel heater
- (2) Polyethylene holding tanks, guest 35 gallons and master 27 gallons
- 150-gallon Polyethylene fresh water tank
- Chilled water system; dual chillers and circulation pumps with four air handlers with three independent controlled zones; Zone 1: one 12K BTU unit in Master Suite; Zone 2: one 12KBTU unit in Guest Suite; Zone 3: two 16 KBTU units in the Salon.
- Engine Room Insulation: Insulated with foam/composite insulation with double gaskets on access door to engine room
- Engine Air Intake: Air Demisters at both vents. Baffled and insulated
- Four (4) cage protected lights.
- Fireboy fire suppression system with automatic engine shutdown
- Electric engine hatch lift
GROUND TACKLE SYSTEM:
- Hydraulic windlass mounted in custom anchor well
- Custom 316L stainless steel bow roller with primary anchor
- 60-lb Quickline Ultra primary anchor with 30’ x 3/8” Grade 40 galvanized chain + 200’ x ¾” three-strand nylon rode.
- Aft deck flood light mounted on mast
- Teak bow burgee pole with flush socket
- Stern mounted 5' varnished teak staff with flush socket
- Horn - Kahlenberg 24-Volt DC dual-trumpet air horn with switch at helm
- Dock lines
- Fenders with fleece covers
- Navigation lights
- Fire Extinguishers
Specifications are provided for informational purposes only. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provide and agrees to instruct his agent/s to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.
CONTACT: HINCKLEY YACHT BROKERAGE