HULL & DECK:
- Blue hull, with white boottop, green bottom, and gold cove stripe.
- Fiberglass hull, deck and house with closed cell foam coring above the chines and solid fiberglass below.
- Built with Hydrex resin in the exterior laminates and barrier coated as built new for superior blister resistance. The house and deck are likewise partially closed cell foam cored.
- 2013 Blue Awlgripped hull including trunk cabin by The Hinckley Company; also, 2013 soda blasted bottom and new barrier coat and paint applied.
- Two coats of the Awlcare wax system each year since.
- 2013 Awlgripped decks and cockpit "Moondust" with non-skid.
- The cockpit, helm deck and steps to the weather deck are fitted with solid teak decking.
- S/S safety rails on side decks, and other S/S deck hardware.
- Varnished teak toe rails and brow in excellent condition, revarnished winter 2019.
- The cockpit is fitted with three lazarette hatches; lockers outboard of the anchor windlass, port and starboard forward with washdown pumps.
- Easy deck access forward, with two steps up from the cockpit, wide side decks and side safety rails.
- Transom door for easy boarding.
- Teak swim platform, brackets removed, powder coated and reinstalled 2018.
- S/S swim ladder (stows under platform).
- Underwater lights on stern.
- Helm Textaline and all canvas is professionally cleaned and/or repaired every year as needed.
- Hurley davit system allows dinghy to ride parallel to water.
- 2012 Installed custom made enclosure for helm deck with interior sunshades and Textaline screening for windows, door and hatches. Also, Stamoid clear aft curtain with roll-up door.
- White vinyl cushions on helm deck in excellent condition.
Fuel: 344 gallons in aluminum tank.
Water: 95 gallons in S/S tank.
Holding: 30 gallons in fiberglass tank.
Hot Water Heater: 11 gallons.
ENGINES & MECHANICAL:
- Twin Caterpillar 3126-B 450 HP diesels.
- October 2018 the port engine block head and raw water pump were replaced by Billings Diesel & Marine (since then, 20 hours of testing and running have been done).
- Engine hours: Starboard 1395; Port: 20 hours.
- Twin Disc 5061A transmissions.
- 24 X 32" Teignbridge 4 blade propellers.
- 2013 replaced entire exhaust system, both sides.
- 2" Aquamet S/S shafts.
- Antivibration shaft couplers.
- Kobelt engine controls.
- Caterpillar electronic engine synchronizers.
- Caterpillar "slow vessel mode" (drops RPM by app 100 at idle speed).
- Spur cutters on shafts.
- 12V LED engine room lighting.
- 110V engine room lighting.
- Bennett trim tabs.
- Tides dripless shaft seals.
- Dual Racor 900 fuel filters.
- 2016 Maretron fuel and water tank monitoring system.
- Reverso oil change system for engines, transmissions, and generator.
- Bilge blowers
- Bronze rudders.
- Cruising speed: 10 knots @ 1600 RPM; 16 knots @ 2000 RPM; 23 knots @ 2400 RPM.
- Maximum speed: 28 knots @ 2800 RPM.
- Wired for 12V DC & 110V AC service.
- Northern Lights 8 kW generator with 554 hours on the meter, with Racor 500 fuel filter.
- 2000 watt Magnum inverter/charger.
- Marine Air reverse cycle A/C unit 16,000 BTU with remote air handler for interior; also, new A/C control board.
- 12V DC circuit breaker panel.
- Sub panel at helm for navigational equipment.
- Volt and Amp meters.
- (2) 140 amp alternators.
- 2013 (2) 4-D AGM 12V batteries house and inverter service.
- (2) 4-D AGM 12V batteries engine start; port battery 2017; otherwise 2013.
- 2017 Group 27 AGM 12V battery for generator start.
- Retrofitted engine room lights to LED’S.
- 110V AC circuit breaker panel.
- Volt & Amp meters.
- Northern Lights 8.0 kW gen set.
- 50 Amp shore power inlet.
- Glendenning cable master shore power cord reel with 50' 50 amp cord.
- Promariner 50 amp battery charger.
- Magnum 2000 watt inverter/80 amp battery charger.
- 11 Outlets.
- 12 Gallon water heater (also engine supplied).
ACCOMMODATIONS: Accommodations for four in a stunning varnished teak interior with a varnished teak and holly sole. 2015 sanded and revarnished entire interior to highest standards. There is an abundance of natural light and ventilation with three stainless steel framed hatches and six opening S/S ports, all fitted with screens. The hatches are fitted with Ocean Air screens and blinds. There is a reverse cycle air conditioning/heat system.
Forward is the Owner’s Stateroom with the preferred island queen berth with storage and drawers under. Outboard are other lockers as well as a small bureau aft on the starboard side.
Next aft to port is the enclosed Head with a Corian topped vanity, molded sink, Sealand VacuFlush W.C., and ensuite shower draining to a sump. Tank Watch gauge for holding tank.
Next to starboard is the U-shaped Dinette/Settee with storage under, above, and outboard in lockers and shelves. The settee forms a double berth by lowering the hi/low pedestal mounted dining table. The dinette cushions are an attractive blue Ultrasuede with tan trim.
Opposite to port is the U-shaped Galley with a Corian counter top, and double polished S/S sink, and a Norcold dual voltage below counter refrigeration unit and Polarmate top loading freezer. Also, there is a Princess 3 burner propane stove with oven and a new 2019 microwave, and plenty of storage lockers and drawers.
Up three steps is the Helm Deck. To port is an L-settee with storage under, a varnished teak "grate" style table and the Helm Station is to starboard with helm seat. Down two steps is the cockpit with aft facing bench seat and room for deck chairs.
ELECTRONICS: All navigational electronics are located at the Helm Station.
- 2016 two Simrad NSS12 EV02 12" color radar/plotters (touch screen monitors with radar overlay).
- Simrad 4kW radome.
- Simrad Combi Depth/Speed/Water Temp.
- Simrad Autopilot AP22.
- Icom M-504 VHF with DSC.
- Ritchie 6" binnacle mount compass.
- Bennett trim tab controls.
- Maxwell Nielsen electric windlass.
- 45 lb S/S plow anchor with app 150' of 7/16" chain.
- Salt water wash down forward.
- Fresh water wash down forward.
- H&C cockpit shower.
- Textaline covers for all windows and Stratoglass enclosure.
- 6 Type 1 and Type II life jackets.
- Flare Kit.
- Life ring.
- Raritan icemaker under helm seat.
- Fleece covered fenders and docklines.
- Toast-colored Sunbrella helm console cover.
- Two red dome lights overhead at helm and companion seats.
- 3 ABC dry chem fire extinguishers.
- Varnished teak staff and ensign, and varnished teak burgee staff.
- 3 Rule 2000 electric bilge pumps.
- 1 manual bilge pump.
- Macerator pump.
- Two 10 lb aluminum LPG tanks.
- 2017 Clarion AM/FM/CD/Bluetooth compatible stereo with speakers below, on the helm deck and in cockpit.
- Clarion remote control on helm deck 2017.
- Sirius antenna and hookups for stereo.
- Xintex propane solenoid.
- 2018 ACR RCL-50 search light.
- 3 double pantograph windshield wipers with intermittent settings and washers.
- Manuals for all systems.
- Varnished drink holder and binocular holder at helm.
- Spectra watermaker – disconnected and sold AS IS.
COMMENTS: SIMPLICITY is one of the best-kept Eastbay 38 HX Cruisers this office has seen. Her fastidious owners have owned her since 2009, and have always stored her in heated sheds in the winter, with instructions to do whatever is needed mechanically and cosmetically to keep her in first class condition. They have cruised her extensively from the Statue of Liberty to Canada. Please review all of the upgrades done under their ownership, including a remanufactured 2018 port engine block, new interior and exterior varnish, 2013 epoxy bottom, 2013 Awlgripped hull, deck and trunk cabin, two new Simrad touch screen Radar-Plotters and much more. This vessel will not disappoint the most discerning boater. Please call us for your inspection and thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.