Rare to the market a 1928 International 8 Meter.
Laila is hull number 318 Anker & Jensens and has had a colorful racing career. Originally she started out in Helsinki under the name "Hihdintytte in 1930 and her owners name was Toivo Pajumen. Then in 1932 her name was changed to "Lempo III" under her new owner Leuto Pajmen. In 1933 A. Sigge Rosenlunf acquired her changing her to "Laila" and moving her to Stockholm where she was campaigned until 1954. In 1955 T. Ekman, Sr. purchased "Laila" and sailed her until 1957. Major O. Berger, Sr. purchased her and sailed her under the name of "Lempo II". And in 1959 "Lempo II" was re-named to "Lady B" until 1961. Rudolph Minning from Copenhagen purchased her and brought back the name "Laila" and moved her to San Diego in 1962 where she sailed until 1978 when James Fink re-named her "Sphinx". Then in 1983 the currant owner acquired her changing her name back to "Laila" where she has been cared for and sailed and is currently residing in Long Beach California.
The owner is very much interested in finding a buyer that is looking to continuing enjoying "Laila's" history and preserving her for future sailing / racing opportunities. We have a recent survey available to share with serious buyers as well as shipping quotes back to Europe if needed.