- Cruising Speed: 7 kn
- Beam: 17' 4''
- Hull Material: Fiberglass
- Max Draft: 5'
- Displacement: 56,450 lb
- Fuel Tank: 1 x 1000|gallon
- Fresh Water: 1 x 400|gallon
- Holding: 1 x 100|gallon
- Cabins: 2
- Heads: 2
SLIP CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO NEW OWNERS AT THE SOUTH ANNAPOLIS YACHT CENTRE. Trawler purists will find much to like in the Krogen 48 AE, a sturdy raised pilothouse trawler with a ballasted, full displacement hull and the long-range capability required of a true oceangoing vessel. Built in Taiwan, the 48 is a semi-custom yacht. This one is offered with a two stateroom two head layout, Widebody version.The cherry-trimmed pilothouse is arranged with a centerline helm, dual deck doors, and a settee that converts to a berth. An elegant cherry plank and alternating spruce planks sole, graces the salon where facing settee provides comfortable seating for several guests. Topside, the cockpit and side decks are shaded by bridge overhangs, and the extended flybridge will accommodate an inflatable tender. Additional features include a full cherry interior. 'Serenity' is a well-appointed and professionally and personally maintained Kadey Krogen 48. With full Electronics, Proportional Hydraulic Bow Thruster and Stern Thruster, Hydraulic Davit, Tender, Watermaker inc Watermaker, and elegant decor, she is ready to cruise anywhere in the world - Today. Her replacement cost would easily exceed $1.9M. If you are looking to take advantage of a proven vessel in turn-key condition then this is a perfect opportunity. Serenity is a turn key Bristol condition, ready to take you anywhere you want to go.
Denison Yacht Sales offers the details of this yacht in good faith but can’t guarantee the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this boat for sale. This yacht for sale is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal from that yacht market without notice. Denison Yachting is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Ozark Yacht Brokers, Inc.. She is offered as a convenience by this yacht broker to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a specific yacht for sale.
Read our guide to learn the process for buying this 48' Kadey-krogenYacht Buying Guide
Hull and superstructure molds from high-grade female tooling.
Hull construction includes use of USA-made, Cook® gel coat. Hand-Laid Knytex® fiberglass construction with closed-cell PVC sandwich core used in topsides. Solid fiberglass below waterline with blister-resistant vinylester resin utilized on first two laminates below the waterline, with Kevlar® reinforcements.
Kadey-Krogen 48AE 2015 Page 3 of 12
Superstructure includes end-grain balsa core and surface mats for print-through reduction.
Teak aft and side decks. Boat and fore decks have GripTex® non-skid finish. Bulwark has molded plank lines with gel coat finish.
Polyurethane formulates marine sealants used at hull-to-deck, boat deck joints and exterior fittings.
Marine-grade plywood bulkheads with molded fiberglass mat section stringers. cherry veneer walls and cabinetry with satin varnish.
The Saloon is bright and airy. There is a fixed cherry high/low table for dining and two Ekornes Stressless chairs for relaxing. Fresh air is provided through three sliding windows with screens and a Phantom rolling screen installed on the aft cockpit doors.
The U-shaped Galley is just forward of the Saloon on the Starboard side. It is equipped with stainless-steel appliances and the granite countertops provide plenty of room for meal preparation. Ventilation is provided through a sliding window with screen. There is cherry bookcase/bar with a 12" round opening port light with screen and has a granite counter top with a wine cooler under.
• GE 18 cu.ft Stainless Steel refrigerator/freezer
• GE microwave/convection oven vented to outside
• Blue Star Gourmet 4 burner propane range with sea rails
• GE Profile dishwasher
• Seagull water filtration at the galley sink
Master Stateroom with en-suite Head
The master stateroom features a queen-sized island berth with abundant storage below, three hanging lockers and plenty of drawer space. There is great head room. Four opening port lights
Kadey-Krogen 48AE 2015 Page 4 of 12
with integrated screens and shades and two large opening overhead hatches generously provide light and ventilation and make nights on the hook sheer paradise.
The en-suite head features a separate stall shower, Electric fresh water head, two opening port lights with screens and a granite counter top.
The flexibility in the guest stateroom (and convertible settee in the Pilothouse) allows the boat to sleep 6 comfortably.
The Starboard guest stateroom has a convertible sofa / double berth. There are storage drawers below. A Pullman berth is installed on the forward bulkhead. There is a chest of drawers and a large hanging locker. Ventilation is provided via three opening port lights with screens.
The guest head is to port and includes a separate stall shower, Electric fresh water head, and 2 opening port light with screen and a granite counter top.
The raised Pilothouse on Serenity is large enough to constitute an entire separate living space.
The dinette is the best seat in the house for meals underway and the Settee converts to double berth for guests or a single for a generous watch-berth on passages. The 2 Liebroc Platinum series leather Helm Seats, the extensive 'Glass Bridge' electronics package, the large angled windows, and the excellent visibility provide maximum comfort for the captain and crew.
Ventilation is provided through Dutch aluminum weather-tight doors to Port and Starboard, with 2 opening side windows with screens and a portlight with screens.
The electronics package installed on Serenity is a fully integrated NEMA 2000 system using 3 15” Garmin MFD’s
• Garmin auto pilot (with wireless remote control)
• Custom 15" “Glass Bridge” Display Screens (3)
Kadey-Krogen 48AE 2015 Page 5 of 12
• Integrated Pilothouse Garmin Navigation System
◦ Garmin NEMA 2000 integrated
◦ Garmin Depth Sounder
◦ Garmin 800 AIS transmit and receive
◦ 2 Garmin GPS Receivers
◦ Sirus weather
◦ 2 Sirus Radios
◦ Garmin Fantom Open Array Radar (2021)
◦ Two engine room and one aft deck day/night cameras
◦ Garmin wind speed and direction indicator
• Communications System
◦ 2 ICOM IC M506 VHF Radio, and 2 command mics on the bridge
◦ ICOM Hailer
◦ Garmin SSB IC M802
• High Powered Spot light and wireless control
• One Garmin 15” MFD Chart Plotter
◦ Networked to Garmin NMEA 2000 to allow all radar, engine, depth and weather data to be displayed
• Garmin Autopilot
• Remote Mics for both VHF radios
• Proportional Bow and stern thruster controls
Kadey-Krogen 48AE 2015 Page 6 of 12
• Engine : John Deere® #4045 TFM, 201 hp @ 2600 rpm with Twin Disc® 3.0:1 ratio gear – 3300 hours.
• Fuel Filters: Dual Racor® w/ vacuum gauge
• Shaft: 2" diameter
• Shaft Seal: Tides® dripless
• Propeller: bronze, 4-bladed, 32" diameter, 21" pitch
• Line Cutter: Spurs Line Cutter (2022)
• Rudder: stainless steel with protective shoe
• Bilge Pumps: (4) @ 2,000 gallons-per-hour
• High Water Bilge Alarm with exterior sounder & strobe light
• Borel Raw Water Temperature Alarm – helm (2021)
• Steering: Hynautic®, hydraulic (2-station)
• Controls: Hynautic®, hydraulic (2-station)
• Fuel Polishing: ESI fuel polishing system
• Oil Change: Reverso oil change system
• Fire Suppression: Engine Room fire suppression system
• Stabilizers: ABT TRAC digital hydraulic stabilizers
• Stabilizers: both bearings and seals have been serviced.
• Added access (removable enlarged door jamb) to the port stabilizer, has been professor made.
• Generator: Northern Lights, 12kW, sound shield, Racor filter and fire suppression system. 670 hours
• Alternator: Balmar 270 amp
• House Batteries: Lifeline GPL 8DL (replaced 2021)
• Engine start battery: GPL 8DL (2021)
• Generator start battery: (2022)
Kadey-Krogen 48AE 2015 Page 7 of 12
• Balmar Duo-Charge-Charge Regulator
• Battery Monitor: Magnum ME-BMK
• Inverter/Charger: Magnum
• Galvanic Isolator: Newmar
• Isolation Transformer: Charles Electric
• Multitap Voltage Selection Switch (208/240V) (2018) Voltage Booster
• Glendinning Cablemaster
• Lightning protection
• Thruster: ABT TRAC 15HP hydraulic bow thruster and Stern thruster with helm and fly bridge controls
• Air conditioning: CruiseAir® DX, 4 zone, reverse cycle
• Bosch Axiis Washer/Dryer
• Dockside Water Pressure Regulator
• Headhunter Mach 5 120v fresh water pump
• Water Heater: Raritan 20-gallon capacity
• Transom Shower: hot/cold fresh water
• Watermaker: Water Maker Inc (2020)
• Steelgate lift Hydraulic Rotation Davit
• AB 12 Alum Center console with 20 hp motor, fuel injected
• Rocna Volcan 88/40 kg anchor (2019)
• Delta Fast Set 88lb Anchor (2019)
• Windlass: Maxwell 2200 with wildcat and gypsy
• Anchor Chain water tight Deck Hatch
• Raw and fresh water anchor washdown
• Anchor bow eye
• Huge lazarette with lots of storage space
• Canvas for Bow seating and Flybridge with canvas covers
• Coast Guard Safety Equipment
• Assorted spare parts, Spare 270 amp Alternator …
• Mictrotik Groove G-52HPacn Wifi Booster (2020)
• Magma grill
• Bottom and props painted November 2021
• Hull and topsides waxed March 2023
• Caprail refinished with Awlbrite 2022
• 18’ Para Anchor Offshore Sea Anchor (Large drogue)
• All Maintenance records available since ownership
Kadey-Krogen 48AE 2015 Page 8 of 12
Owner’s Art Work and Personal Items
Teak Deck furniture
Sonos sound bar
The Seller offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without noti
Contact our team to schedule a private showing.
Love this yacht? Get notified on price reductions and other related updates.
Stay informed on all things yachting, including notable sales, industry updates, events, and boating tips with our newsletters.
Read the latest trawlers news and stay up to date on related events.