This Meridian 490 exudes "Pride of ownership" throughout. She has been professionally and regularly maintained over the years. The current owners have done some fantastic upgrades during the 9 years of ownership.
A few key upgrades include:
- Flybridge hard top with Makrolon glass enclosure
- Flybridge freezer and bar fridge
- New Norcold fridge in the galley
- New Marine grade carpet installed throughout the vessel
- LED lighting throughout
- New wooden Venetian blinds
- New Smart TV and Polk Sound system
- New Dishwasher cleverly installed in the remaining cabinet where old style TV was removed
- 300' of chain (marked) and 200' rope
- Fuel polishing system with circulation pumps
The 2003 Meridians have certain features that later models do not have
- Extra salon valance lights and rope lighting
- Extra bar sink in the salon
- Entertainment area: wet bar sink and BBQ station on the flybridge
- Two windows in the 3rd cabin (bunk beds)
- Window in the aft head
- Microwave/convection oven
The Meridian 490 is a popular cruising vessel in the PNW because of her comfortable layout and cruising capabilities. As you enter the interior from the cockpit, you are presented with a spacious, clean, bright and inviting salon. The L-shaped settee to starboard is inviting and in excellent condition. The galley is situated forward but part of the salon which allows for the perfect social event while preparing meals
A few steps down from the salon there are three well appointed cabins. The owners cabin is forward and features a lovely island queen bed with storage and hanging lockers. The en-suite head features a bath tub/shower combination. The second cabin features a queen bed and the 3rd cabin has bunk beds. The second head is a good size, featuring a separate shower stall, vanity and storage.
The Pilothouse is spacious and a great area for the family to "hang out" in while under way in colder weather, or to use as an extra "room with a view". The helming position has perfect visibility with a comfortable adjustable Captain's chair. There is a full suite of Nobeltech and Raymarine electronics, analogue engine gauges autopilot, wind instruments to allow for safe passaging. Side decks are accessed via port or starboard doors. A few steps up is access to the well appointed flybridge.
The flybridge was upgraded in 2017 with a hard top and full enclosure. This has allowed for flybridge to be used year round. The seating arrangement includes a single Captains chair, L-shaped settee and a bench settee, allowing for easy and comfortable "lounging at anchor or under way. The wet bar, BBQ, fridge and freezer allows for easy entertainment on the flybridge.
The center console Avon RIB with 40hp Yamaha is stowed on the flybridge aft of the enclosure and is launched with a davit crane.
This vessel is beautiful and has been loved by her owners. She is a fine example of the Meridian 490 and should be seriously considered if you are looking for a well appointed cruising family cruiser.