‘TRUE COUP” is a Bertram 54, one of the most popular convertibles her size ever built and one of the very few cared by just 2 owners, the current one for the last 23 years.
Only a few boats compared with the Bertram 54 when it came to open-water handling and heavy weather performance. Built on a solid fiberglass deep-V hull, she features three staterooms.
She is powered by Detroit 800hp 12V71 diesel and cruises at 24–25 knots.
The port engine was rebuilt in 2020 and has 40 hours; a 15 KW Westerbeke generator with currently 100 hours of service was recently installed, replacing the 2 older Onan generators.
Through the years, she has been constantly upgraded, and valuable custom improvements to the original design have been made:
- Marine Electronics: Garmin 4212 GPS, Simrad autopilot, trim tabs, VHF radio, Richie Compass
- Cockpit: Fiberglass extended eyebrow over the cockpit and Frameless Windows
- Flybridge: Fiberglass hardtop over
- Tower Helm: Fiberglass hardtop over
- Interior: Entirely remodeled